Project “Precision forestry platform for logistics optimization”
This project is supported by Norway Grants “Green ICT” programme
The aim of the project is to enhance the current Timbeter solution for timber measurement, that uses machine learning and artificial intelligence, with additional novel functionalities
The implementation period is 01.09.2020 – 28.02.2022
Goal of the Project:
The aim of the project „Precision forestry platform for logistics optimization“ is to enhance the current Timbeter solution for timber measurement, that uses machine learning and artificial intelligence, with additional novel functionalities. As a result of the project, Timbeter will be able to increase its market share and competitiveness on the Scandinavian market.
Progress of the project:
- Solution for sawn timber in the initial testing phase
- Logistics module – on-going development, ready for testing by the end of Q3
- Sales module – analysis phase
The project „Precision forestry platform for logistics optimization“ will create, in cooperation with a Norwegian partner, advanced forest measurement, data management and supply chain management tool. The advanced service will be priced as a separate product and the Scandinavian market will be targeted.
During the development project, the following features are planned to be added to the current solution in order to develop a novel and highly enhanced product:
- New measurement options: sawn timber measurement;
- Logistics module for efficient logistics planning and tracking the cargo in real-time;
- Sales module for generation of sales transaction documentation;
- Interfacing with the data of harvesters for data analysis
Our mission with Timbeter is to conserve central but limited resources in forestry: trees, manpower and the driveway kilometers.
Timbeter OÜ (Estonia)
International Development Norway (Norway). https://id-norway.com/
EUR 224 820,9
Overview of target groups:
Generally, TIMBETER is targeted to companies, working in the forestry sector, who organize and conduct felling and are involved in the process of timber trade, etc. Focus is on private and public SMEs as they are most unlikely to be able to afford expensive industrial machinery for timber measurement (e.g. laser scanners for sawmills).
Main target groups include the following:
- Forestry organizations (involved in the supervision of forestry management and timber trade control, setting standards for the timber measurement, etc.);
- Forest owners (private owners, state forests, etc.) responsible for forestry management and logging;
- Paper wood producers, loggers;
- Timber trucks and transportation companies, who are involved in the timber transportation;
- Operators of warehouses and ports.
The customer segments are also divided into groups according to the target market: Estonia (local market) and Nordic countries (export markets).